Monday, September 10, 2007

Excuse Me...A Change of Scenery!

No, I'm not in Atlanta...or Manhattan. But is does start with a "M" As in marvelous, magnificant and majestic....and it's called Montana!

I'm back here for a few days to visit family....in case you didn't know that fact about me, I was born and raised in Livingston. I lived here till I was 19, then moved to Houston, Texas to finish school at the Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management. All of my family is still here. One sister and her husband run a guide and outfitting service, and the other sister just built the most awesome special event facility, Deep Creek Grange


What a place for a wedding, family renuion, or you could even hold a meeting or corporate retreat there. And they built all of it themselves (well of course 8 concrete trucks came to do the floors, but....)



Coming out here always gives me time to reflect. Reflect on my life, my business, etc. I use the flying time here to read and get caught up on some things. (This flight was about blogging...LOL!) I take a nice long walk in the afternoons and check in with my office to see what's happening back in Atlanta! And it gives me a chance to realize how lucky I am. Lucky to of had great parents (my Father passed away in 1994), lucky to have grown up in such a beautiful place, and now, lucky to live in a dynamic, exciting city like Atlanta, Georgia.


Life is really simple here....I went to a rural, country church on Sunday....much different than the big grand churches you find in the city!


I had probably one of the best steaks I've had in years at The Stockman Bar....which to many would look like a "hole in the wall" but don't let the looks decieve you....it was great!


And today, we are driving up to Big Sky, Montana....what was once a sleepy ski resort, but has now turned into the Vail of Montana!


Montana....Big Sky Country! Atlanta.....I'll be back home on Thursday! I miss you!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope You are having a great trip. Looking forward to reading your blog about Midtown!

Anonymous said...

Nice job...Midtown is the place to be...keep the great writing