Tuesday, September 4, 2007

City Lights, City Sights


















As I sit here, 27 stories above the hustle and bustle of Midtown with that picture out my window (yep, just took it 10 minutes ago!) I remember back to my thoughts of how I could ever leave my suburban home, for "city life." Now let me explain something first....I grew up on a 200 acre ranch in Montana!!! You can't get much more room around you than that! But, my home in the "burbs" here, is only 7 miles or 10 minutes from Midtown, depending on which way you want to measure it. A California-style ranch, built in 1960 that I have been renovating for a few years. 1800 sq.ft with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, hot tub, big yard with lots of trees, fishpond and my gas grill! It's pretty cool!
Now, after a day of walking to the High Museum to take in the last day of the Louve Exhibit, then to Joe's on Juniper for a delicious burger and fries, and finally back to my condo to continue some upgrades, I wonder, HOW could I have ever NOT Lived here! It's been a REAL "labor day weekend" with the installation of new window treatments and now ceiling fans (good grief, now I know why people pay for this!)
This place is actually one of two I have in Midtown. (Guess you can guess I like it now?) This one is smaller, perfect for a weekend getaway or a single person. I let my friends use it when they visit me from LA, Chicago Miami and New York. My actual "home" in Midtown is a larger, 2 bedroom unit at Plaza Midtown.

One day this may be just my office....and what a view to inspire you to sell, sell, sell Midtown............












Just thinking about standing on the balcony, talking with a client about their pending purchase of a new condo in Midtown....it gives me goose bumps!!
And the landscape...she be a changing here!

This use to be my view from the left side of my balcony...









and now it has become THIS over the past few months....
Here comes Viewpoint Midtown!












What's my point? City Living is AWESOME!! Sure, I hear some sirens, but my small town upbringing just makes me jump up and look at what's happening! I want a drink, a great bar is just an elevator ride away! Want a late night snack....gosh....where should I start? And when it's time to lock the door, and head to the airport, the train is just a couple blocks away! What more can you ask for?

Yep....I have to admit it! I'm Hooked! It's in my blood now! I'm living the City Lights and the City Sights!

Wanna join me? I'd be happy to help you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! This will be a nice reference for people looking to make the mid-town move. I look forward to watching your readership grow....